Split king beds combine the advantages of size of a regular king size bed, with the added convenience of twin independent mattresses. To make this unique design work best, you need a set of split king sheets. This basically comprises two sheets that will independently cover the mattresses, and a single sheet to cover both together. Now that we have this little detail out of the way, it is time to identify the best split king sheets in the market.
We understand that with products flooding the market it becomes challenging to pick the best. So here’s the roundup review of ten of the best the split king sheets available in the market this year. There is a complete section that deals with what you need to look for in a split king sheet, and other important details.
THE TEN BESTSELLERS IN THE MARKET THIS YEAR
- 4 Pc set 1 Flat Sheet 1 Fitted Sheet and 2 Pillowcases
- 100% Cotton
- 600 Thread Count Long-Stable Combed Cotton
- For mattresses up to 14″ – 18″ deep with all round elastic
The 100% cotton sheets guarantee comfort and luxury, courtesy of the long staple combed cotton. The bedsheets offer come with elastic all round, enabling you to quickly tuck the sheets for a smooth surface free from wrinkles. The breathable cotton offers extra comfort, while the classic white color adds a touch of elegance that is definitely world class.
- Set of 5 Pc –Twin XL Fitted, 1 King Flat and 2 King P/cases
- Egyptian Cotton Bamboo
- Wrinkle Free Shrinkage Free Fabric
- For mattresses up to 16″ deep with all round elastic
The microfiber fabric is free from wrinkles and shrinkage, and will not fade, thanks to the superior Egyptian cotton. The comfort levels are enhanced by the yarns which bring down the temperature in summers, while keeping the beds warm in winters. The added advantages of these sheets are the resistance to dust mites and the hypoallergenic quality of the sheets that prevent allergies to occupants of the beds.
- 5 Pc set made from 100% Polyester
- Deep pocket fitted sheet with all round elastic for perfect fit
- Fits mattresses up to 16″ deep
- Fade, stain, shrink and wrinkle resistant microfiber
The 100% Polyester fabric in the 5 Pc set makes this one of the most resistant to fading, staining, shrinking and wrinkles. The elastic all round the sheets, ensures that the top is smooth, fitting split king size beds of thicknesses up to 16”. The brushed microfiber in the polyester means that designs are superior and will last as long as the bed sheets itself. The lifetime guarantee offered by the company is an indication of the confidence in the quality.
- Set of 5 pc made from double brushed microfiber material
- Wrinkle Free, stain and mite resistant, extremely soft and ultra cool set of 2 fitted, 1 flat and 2 pillow cases
- Ultra-tight knit of material makes it stronger than cotton, with a feel that is similar to silk
- Deep-pocket elasticized sheet fits up to 16″ mattresses comes with lifetime guarantee
This is a luxury set made from ultra tight knit material which makes it extremely durable without affecting the feel of the material. The material will keep you cool and protect you from mites and allergies. The deep pocketed elasticized designs ensure that the sheets snugly fit onto the individual XL mattresses, while the single sheet covers both the mattresses end to end without a wrinkle or a crease.
- Premium quality, ultra soft set of 5 Pc Microfiber Sheets
- Suitable for mattresses that are up to 15” deep, the sheets combine durability with comfort
- Breathable, hypoallergenic, and double brushed yarns are dust and mite resistant
- Highly resistant to wrinkling, shrinking, fading, and stains, ensure extra durability
The double brushed sheets are breathable and hypoallergenic, with deep pockets for that snug fit. The wrinkle resistant material, comes with natural comfort keeping you warm in winters and cool in summers, with a luxury that rivals Egyptian cotton. The durable sheets can be machine washed and tumble dried, freeing you from the chores of having to take extra care.
- 5 Pc set of luxury, deep pocket, hypoallergenic sheets
- Wrinkle Free from a blend of cotton and polyester – 70 : 30
- All round elasticized sheets fit mattresses up to 18″ deep
- Ideal combination of luxury with durability and total comfort
The 650 Thread Count luxury cotton blend sheets are free from wrinkles, courtesy of the polyester and cotton blend. The 5 Pc sheets that come with elasticized ends means that doing your bed will take seconds as the elastic ends snugly snap into place, without any wrinkle or crease on the surface. The blend and thread count makes it durable and permits you to use it on a machine for washing and tumble drying.
- Set of 5 Pc Deep Pocket Bed Sheets made of Double Brushed Microfiber
- Fits mattresses up to 16 inch deep and perfect for memory foam mattress toppers
- Stretchable elastic all around the sheet gives smooth, snug and wrinkle-free fit
- Premium microfiber is lightweight, hypoallergenic, breathable and cool.
The superior quality microfiber material makes it lightweight and comfortable. The double brushed material actually becomes softer with every wash, making it ultra comfortable, without losing its elegance and sheen. The breathable material will not make you sweat on a warm summer, and hot sleepers will love the cool touch of the material.
- 5 Pc set of 100% Egyptian Cotton Bed Sheets
- 1000 thread count single ply long-staple yarns are eco friendly products
- Fits Mattress up to 18” deep, elasticized for perfect tuck in for smooth wrinkle free surface
- The high thread count means that the sheets can be machine washed, but not bleached
1000 thread count Egyptian cotton brings multiple advantages – durability, design friendly and comfort. The natural cotton material makes it breathable, leaving you comfortable on your king size bed. The sheets offer the ultimate luxury, with every wash turning the sheets softer and softer, without compromising on the appeal of the material.
- 5 Pc set of deep pocket, soft cool & wrinkle free sheets
- Premium double-brushed microfiber makes it soft, yet stronger than cotton
- Ultra-tight knit is breathable, stain and mite resistant, does not fade, or wrinkle
- Fits mattresses up to 16″ deep with convenient all round elastic for that snug fit
The premium quality double brushed microfiber offers the best of two worlds – luxury and comfort. Soft, yet durable, the sheets are breathable and hypoallergenic, which means that individuals can avoid allergies while enjoying deep slumber. Hot sleepers and individuals residing in hot climates will enjoy the cool feeling from the ultra soft material.
- Set of 5Pc luxury hypoallergenic and wrinkle free bed sheets
- Double brushed, breathable, and extra soft offer premium comfort
- Cozy sheets available in 40 different colors to match interiors
- Fits mattresses up to 16″ deep with all round elastic for snug fit
The double brushed material is similar to material with 1500 Thread Count. This makes it ultra durable and extremely soft. The elasticized ends of the sheets allow you to quickly tuck in the sheets beneath the mattresses. The breathable material is highly resistant to wrinkles and mites, courtesy of the tight knit structure, and can be machine washed in cold water.
TWO TERMS THAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU BUY SPLIT KING SHEETS
There are quite a few terms that you may not have come across regularly, but which may be used when you intend to buy a sheet. Here is a look at a few terms that will help you to understand the meaning in the context of your purchase.
Thread count refers to the number of horizontal and verticalthreads in every quare inch. Sheets with higher thread countsare softer and are more durable. One of the hallmarks of agood sheet is the extent to which it will soften with use andwash. A sheet with higher thread count will get beter withevery wash and become more soft.
Double brushed microfiber
This refers to finely woven fibers that are generally lesser that 1 denier (thickness) in diameter. The tightly knit fibers make it extremely durable, easy to clean and are ultra comfortable. Microfiber material are made from polymers or from wood pulp, though in the context of sheets, the material is mostly polyester. Look for maximum denier or thickness, within the limit of 1 denier for it to qualify as microfibers.
AN OVERVIEW OF DIFFERENT MATERIALS USED IN SPLIT KING SHEETS AND THE ADVANTAGES OF EACH
Before you start looking for split king sheets and decide on the right material and brand, it is essential to grasp the difference between materials. You need to know what makes specific materials more suitable your needs. So here is a little overview of different materials and a look at the advantages of each.
Cotton split king sheets
As a fabric, cotton is one of the most popular. It offers a wrinkle free experience and is breathable. One of the advantage of cotton material in split king sheets is that it will keep you warm in winters and cool in summers. Breathable sheets translate into more comfort. The comfort and the quality of the material depends on the thread count.
Microfiber split king sheets
This refers to the finely woven fibers used in the material. The thickness is often a part of the description, and helps you to understand the thickness of the sheets. Microfibers are easy to maintain, and will offer additional comfort as a result of the soft texture. Brushed and double brushed microfibers are known to add an extra layer of comfort, giving occupants a soft feel. When you buy microfiber king size sheets, look for descriptions such as ‘similar to thread count’; this will give a fair idea of the comparative quality.
Egyptian cotton split king sheets
Egyptian cotton is renown the world over. The length of the fibers, the use of bamboo and the high thread count, mean that the quality of the cotton is higher. The material comes with the standard qualities – breathable, soft, luxurious, and durable. Hot sleepers will particularly find breathable material more comfortable, permitting occupants to enjoy deep slumber without discomfort. Look for thread count, which is comparatively on the higher side by default – effectively, this means that you should look for a higher thread count if you want superior quality.
Polyester split king sheets
If you are looking for split king sheets with high durability, then you need Polyester. This material beats every other material when it comes to durability. The designs on polyester material last longer, it is easier to wash and maintain and it will not retain water. This makes Polyester an ideal choice, if you want something that lasts long. However, polyester may not be the best choice if you have very sensitive skin, or if you want breathable material.
What you need to look for in split king sheets?
There are multiple factors that you need to consider when you buy king size sheets. All are pretty simple and will take no more than a few seconds to understand and make the right purchase.
Size and set – The typical split king size bed is 76” x 80”, split into twin XL mattresses. The split king sheets that you buy need to cover this size fully. The best split king sheets are those that come in a set of five. This will comprise two single sheets, plus one sheet for covering the entire bed, in addition to two pillow cases. When you get a set comprising all the five, you will be in a position to fully enjoy the luxury and comfort of the split king bed.
Tucking in – This is an important consideration. Sheets that are not properly tucked in are bound to have wrinkles and creases. This will make the stay uncomfortable. Look for split king sheets that come with elasticized corners. This will help you to swiftly tuck in the sheets so that the sheet fits in snugly without a single crease on the surface. This will also prevent wrinkling.
Material – The material that you choose needs to be considered on the basis of the following five qualities.
- Washability – Are you comfortable with materials that need to be handwashed? Or do you want materials that can be machine washed. Choose the sheets as per what is convenient for you in terms of washing and maintenance. Sheets require frequent maintenance and it is therefore necessary to choose material that can be easily washed and maintained.
- Softness – Choose material that is soft to the touch. It is also important to choose material that can are easy on the skin, especially if you have sensitive skin. For instance, if you have sensitive skin, then it would be a good idea to go with natural material. However, if your skin is comfortable with polyester or microfibers, then you could choose polyester instead.
- Breathability – Materials that breathe are always the best option. The only exception is use in extremely cold climates. For all practical purposes, it is always a good option to choose materials that come with a high level of breathability. If you happen to sweat a lot, or if you are a hot sleeper, choose materials that are breathable.
- Pilling – With use, most sheets are expected to have little bobs on the surface. This will make the sheets look less appealing and could also cause discomfort, depending on the size of the bobs. This can be avoided by choosing sheets that have a high thread count.
- Durability – This is certainly an important factor. The quality needs to justify the cost. You may have to tradeoff certain qualities here. For instance, if it is only durability, then polyester is a good choice. If it is comfort plus durability, then microfibers or cotton is a good option. If it is comfort first and durability next, then cotton is the best bet.
Choose split king size sheets after you understand the terms and your requirements. Most buyers often go with the suggestions of executives or get carried away by fanciful descriptions. The best choice is one that meets your requirements, and to do that you need to know what is on offer. Match your requirements with the qualities of the sheets and you will find that you have made the best choice.